Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Alexa Chung

"She and “Al”, as she calls him, are still friends. “Oh yeah, he’s my best friend,” she says quietly."

I tell her my theory about heartbreak: that it takes half the amount of time you were with someone to get over them, and she nods a little sadly. 
A: Yeah, I’d agree with that. But is this gross to talk about? I feel he wouldn’t talk about it. I don’t know how relevant it is now, whereas if you asked me at the time, ‘How you doing?’ No one even asked… But I don’t know whether to be open and vulnerable about it and say, ‘I had a shit time’, or to be quiet."

"I don’t want to imply he broke my heart. I was grieving for the loss of something." She later elaborates on her reluctance to talk about the relationship saying, "I know how the media does that whole ‘poor her’ thing, like they did with Jennifer Aniston – not that I’m comparing myself to her, of course – but do you see what I mean?"
"A: I’m not heartbroken any more, but I definitely was when I wrote it [last year]," she says hastily.
I: Who caused the heartbreak?
A: It was various people. There was one big thing, and then there were various ill-advised flings I had to get over him, so yeah,” she replies."

— Alexa Chung on Alex Turner & heartbreak  - The Guardian, 21/9/13

No comments: